Animal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal Forums

For animal lovers (dog, cat, horse, hedgehog, rabbit, hamster, fish ect)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cat dental/? FELV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pembrokemadhouse

Cat dental/? FELV  Empty
PostSubject: Cat dental/? FELV    Cat dental/? FELV  EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:14 am

Hiya - first post on here - scary or what ... affraid Erm one of my failed fosters, Tigger (F) has been lethargic and not eating/drinking the last three days and I presented her in a most undignified manner to the vet this morning ... So, she has a broken big tooth (incisor/canine) very badly inflamed/sore on one side, and on the other just very badly inflamed ... so she's booked in for a dental but of course the vet had to mention that FELV/FIV can start in the mouth but didn't expand any further ... so now i am panicking about that ...

She's having her op on Tuesday, but I wonder whether to get her tested for FELV/FIV before the op .... she's on metacam and antibiotics for a week ...

Poor thing ...
x sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cat dental/? FELV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat dental/? FELV    Cat dental/? FELV  EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:26 am

Did the vet state how soon the test results would be back?
If its pretty soon you maybe best getting it done but dont delay the op. A sore mouth is one of the worst things a human or animal can go through.

Big hugs from me.
Back to top Go down
https://petforum.forumotion.co.uk
pumpkinsmama
pumpkinsmama

Cat dental/? FELV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat dental/? FELV    Cat dental/? FELV  EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:07 am

Poor girl. I wouldnt worry too much, get her tested after her op.

Hugs for her xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cat dental/? FELV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat dental/? FELV    Cat dental/? FELV  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat dental/? FELV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animal Forums :: Cat Section :: Cat health-
Jump to: